Are you ready to feel confident serving your community, clients, friends and family at end of life?
Dear End-Of-Life Doula/Death Doula,
DO ANY OF THESE SOUND FAMILIAR?
- You feel called to work with the elderly or dying and their families but aren’t sure how to start
- You already work with the elderly or dying in some capacity, either privately or professionally, and are ready to embrace your calling more fully
- You have a passion for educating your community on the resources available for the elderly and at end of life and need to put together a plan to help get in front of more people
- You understand we are in the middle of the “Silver Tsunami” and more people are aging and will be dying now more than ever before, and you feel called to serve this population at a higher level
- You have faced or have had friends or family that have faced gut wrenching end-of-life decisions and you want to learn how to advocate for them in a way that honors their choices
- You currently identify yourself as an End-Of-Life Doula or Death Doula and you want to become educated and certified
I have encouraging news for you….
If you’ve been in any of these situations and wished or prayed for education, guidance, professional recognition and a community that “gets” you, that experience has led you here. You’re in the right place, right here and now.
This training will give you the knowledge and confidence to work with people at the end of life and will bring the clout and validation of being certified in the core competencies that NEDA (National End of Life Doula Association) has set forth for our industry.
Despite the modern myth that you must have formal medical training to provide meaningful end-of-life experiences for your family, friends or community, you CAN learn to serve the dying and make a great living doing it (if that’s your desire)!
Whether you’re looking to:
- work with the elderly
- educate your community on the topic of end-of-life
- support your own family and friends during end-of-life or before hospice
- deepen your understanding of death to further support your hospice volunteer work
- start your own professional End-Of-Life/Death Doula business
this is the PERFECT place to start or move you further on this rewarding path.
● How to build a beautiful trust rapport with the elderly and those at the end of life
● How to help them through the shock phase of an end of life diagnosis
● How to help them voice what their needs are at every stage in their process
● How to speak with their doctors, nurses, home health aides, clergy members and social workers in a way that causes harmony and the best possible outcomes for them
● The phases of end of life and how to explain them to loved ones
● What the most common medications are used in end of life care
And so much more….
The dying have specific fears and needs that need to be addressed at the end of life. Most of us haven’t been raised in a society that openly discusses death as a natural part of life, so when we’re faced with our mortality, we are unsure how to communicate our needs and desires. This can lead to many challenges. When you’ve taken this certification course, you will understand what the common needs of all dying persons are and how to facilitate getting them met.
You’ll understand how to actively listen and hold space for the dying and their families to do the work needed to have a good death.
Registration is Now Open for Doulagivers® Self-Paced Training with Live Support
Doulagivers® students will have 24/7 access to this course and all updates to it for as long as we continue to offer them.